High-quality downloads directly to mobile devices using our DJ mixing apps.
High-quality audio files sound great as they are identical to the recorded master created by the artist, and provide the full audio fidelity of the recording without loss of data.
The high quality audio files are delivered using the Apple lossless format (ALAC). The Apple lossless format is equivalent to WAVE or AIFF audio but has a smaller file size.
When a music download includes a high quality file you will see the HQ icon over the album cover in our Apps:
Copying High Quality Audio Files
You can copy high quality audio files to your PC or Mac using iTunes. Once the file is on your computer you can play it with iTunes or use it in any other music player or mixer you have on your computer.
Follow these steps to copy a high-quality file to your computer:
- Connect your mobile device to your computer using a USB cable
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Click on your device name under DEVICES on the left side of the iTunes window
- Click on the Apps tab on the top of the window
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section of the screen
- Click on the App name you used to download the high-quality file
- You should see the high quality file in the App’s Documents List
- Select the audio file from the list in click Save as…
- Save the file to your computer
High-quality audio files have an .m4a suffix and the file name is made from the song’s title and the word alac. So, for example, The high-quality file name for the song titled “Squashed” will be Sqaushed_alac.m4a
High-quality audio files are available in the Carl Cox mixing App. Additional high-quality downloads are coming soon to all of our music mixing Apps.